Thursday, July 14, 2016

FO-29

ok, eventually I will move away from the gee whiz posts, perhaps to some more meatier (meteor?) topics... but for now:

celebrating my first QSO using a linear transponder on a Low Earth Orbit satellite!

Managed a QSO, in spite of some deep fades due to fixed polarization, and no preamp.

"Sort of" getting the hang of tuning manually to find my signal, and then keep a QSO going reasonably well.

I had a lot of practice finding my signal on a the U/V XW satellites, but this time had a 60degree pass of the V/U FO-29 satellite.  That's up on 2 meters ("V" ... the first letter is what the satellite receives)
and down on 70cm ("U").


The Kenpro did a fine job, rotating the elk log periodic throughout the pass.

For now, all manual as I still don't have a computer I'm really comfortable using, at least not in the shack.

The only shack cpu cycles are being provided by a win10 tablet that lacks some I/O, or at least I've yet to get the I/O mini-usb to {whatever} working satisfactorily. Maybe work on getting port (and other settings) setup next, or just get a net/note book with full and more usb ports.

No comments: