Monday, June 06, 2016

XW-2A part 2

Had a decent pass, 46 degrees at TCA, of XW-2A yesterday. Made for a quicker pass than the last time, but I was a step ahead of myself. Knowing that I was successful through the transponder, I was ready with a few new frequencies.

Got on, found my signal and called CQ. Heard VE3HII come back but we couldn't quite complete the exchange for a full contact. Emails confirmed that we each heard the other correctly but, as  you know, it's the "on the air" exchange that counts for the log book, hi hi :)

Ordered a portable tripod, on which will be trying my kenpro elevation rotor.  Eventually may setup the az-el, but for most good passes here, the el rotor may actually be enough.  Low Earth Orbit satellites aren't that picky with a short beam like the Elk log periodic antenna, so I'm planning on trying a semi fixed position, but letting the elevation take the beam horizon to horizon on a pass.

For the stronger birds, it should work AOK.

Think I found my bird with which I'll complete my first Transponder satellite contact!

Best 73s (just had to write that for the humor-impaired)

No comments: