Thursday, June 02, 2016

XW-2A and NO-84

So, I continued with another pass of XW-2A and found the same booming strong downlink.

I did try to work N8HM, unfortunately I'm not experienced enough on linear transponders and it took me until the end of the pass to find my signal through the satellite.

The good news is that Paul gave me some helpful hints on compensating for doppler and I did eventually find my signal. It should be easier the next time. Also working on a portable tripod/rotator setup to allow working from the shack FT-736R a bit easier, more consistent signal. Right now, I've just been choosing passes that allow the relatively strong signal to hit the sat from a fixed position.
XW-2A has a good receiver and healthy downlink so this is a good sat for working this way.

For now :)

Onto an NO-84 pass, I was looking for the FM PSK31 downlink... took a while to find, but no signals in the waterfall. Getting closer, I'm going to continue to monitor for PSK31 traffic before attempting to send.

Progress, ever steady, though slow by some standards :)

73!

No comments: