Monday, January 11, 2016

ReArrangements

Took advantage of the warm weekend to get up and rearrange some things.

I took down my my non-functional Ambient WS-2080 weather station and installed an MFJ-1754 onto the same mast. Ran the LMR-240 back to the shack.

Also setup an A99 10 mtr vertical, and re-arranged things in the shack so that I will be better positioned for PSK31 operation, once I figure out a way to tie together everything via software.

For NO-84, the architecture is a 10mtr uplink and a 70cm downlink so I need two antennas,
and two clients, one running a Doppler compensating software package up through the A99,
and the other a regular PSK31 client connected to the 70cm downlink.

Yesterday, I tested the receive portion using SDRplay SDR + HDSDR software, listening in on a decent pass of the ISS. I heard the AX.25 packets fairly clearly and that really was encouraging.

It was the first valid data stream I've seen via HDSDR. I didn't try decoding it, but am confident if AX.25 came through that clearly, I should have no trouble listening for a PSK31 stream, even on the much weaker downlink for a cubesat like NO-84.

No comments: