Monday, July 30, 2018

recent Sats

Finally been carving out time to get on the relatively "recent" Satellites, AO-91 and AO-92, as well as try SO-50 and AO-85. The latter 2 have both presented challenges and AO-92's schedule hasn't been cooperating with my daytime schedule.

That leaves AO-91, and I'm finally feeling like I am getting a "feel" for the rhythm of good FM "repeater in the sky" QSOs.

Getting confirmations are another thing.

Doing this all with 2 hands is a third thing.

BUT... I'm getting there.

Elk antenna, TH-D72A, pad and pen. ISS detector w/Ham extensions (though the lunchtime pass of SO-50 seemed way screwed up... near LOS the app was showing a 20 deg + elevation which both the downlink signal strenth and common sense told me was nonsense, all other sats have seemed right on target)

So, getting some contacts in the log, if not too many confirmations.

No comments: